Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Good rides, Trail rides, and Spiffing up Isis

I work at a library as well. Part time of course. It offers more money than horses do right now. I am a library aid, which means I'm trained for both reference and circulation. Yesterday I worked a full day and then rode Grady in the evening. This past weekend we were at a show (he did ok) so he had monday off and I rode him last night. He was amazing. Simply amazing. Grady is a very very difficult horse and he is coming around so nicely. I am so excited to see how he will do this year.

I spent the day today at the barn. Riding horses in the morning, cleaning paddocks, water tanks, and automatic waterers in the afternoon. The riding went well and I do like the physical work.

This afternoon I also went on a trail ride on Grady. He's a great trail horse, he doesn't spook at anything. I went with Val, Linda, and Katrina. The weather was beautiful, cool air with a warm breeze, the sun shining brightly. It would have been a perfect ride if the misquitos hadn't swarmed when we went through wooded areas. I brought the camera because I thought it would be fun to take pictures, but then forgot to bring it along the actual ride. Oh well, I will the next time out. This has been such a cool spring, we're just now starting to catch glimpses of summer. The flowers are out, the air smells sweet, and life can be so good.

Tomorrow Avalon Photography is coming out to take pictures of me with my horses. So, rather than riding Isis, this evening I worked on spiffing her up. Actually we practiced trailor loading first. Isis is used to loading into three horse slant loads, but our new trailor is a two horse straight load. She isn't very comfortable with it. So we worked on loading, she probably loaded 20 times this evening. She was quite good. If I take it slow and easy with her she will oblige - you can't force her into anything. So then I pulled her mane, clipped her face and legs, trimmed her tail, and gave her a bath. Dad took pictures of her after her bath. Such a pretty girl.




No comments: