Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Subway... MMMMM

Here's a bit of blog advertising:




OK... SO I've still been really busy. I worked all day yesterday then drove straight to Birchbury to ride. The library is half way to the barn so it helps save a little gas to combine trips. Gotta tell you, those $5 footlongs at Subway are a life saver! Lunch and supper, and it's actually fairly healthy...


Grady was *ok* last night. He actually had several moments of extreme naughtiness where he was rotating crow hopping and rearing. I used some of the strategies Rocky gave me at the last lesson and was able to push him through. I asked him to walk over a (very) low cross rail and he was spinning and bolting from it. I did my best to ride him forward towards it, pushing him and not giving him any other option. Weeell, so I'm not THAT great at this whole new style of riding yet, so to start I didn't get him over it. Patty, another boarder at the barn walked her horse over the cross rail for me and Grady followed then. For the first couple cross rails he more or less launched himself over and bucked afterwards, but I didn't really care. He finally started to get over the cross rails and following the other horse was a big help. By the end he was comfortably trotting over a series of cross rails that were set up, and he was basically behaving. So we've still got a long ways to go, but there is hope!!! I have another lesson with Rocky this afternoon, so hopefully she'll have more suggestions for me.


Quick Notes: After my lesson I'm going to drive to Lindsay's barn just so I know for sure where it is. I have my first lesson with her this Saturday, yay!! Tomorrow I am going with a large group of people from Birchbury to another barn with a XC course to school and take a lesson with Rocky. (It's SO nice to have coachs that actually DO stuff with their students!) I will get pictures!! I've been enjoying having this two weeks of time between my old job and when school and my new job starts. I really like just being relaxed and taking extra time with my horses. If only all of life could be this way!!

1 comment:

20 meter circle of life said...

Good for you and Grady. I have been following along, and it sounds like this trainer has caught on to his antics!!
I stopped and got the polo's