Wednesday, October 22, 2008

GOING TO WORK FOR BECKY HOLDER




YES!!! I haven't said anything on here incase it didn't happen, but I applied to work for Becky Holder down in NC this winter. And I got in!!! I'm sure it didn't hurt that there are personal connections with Birchbury, but hey, I'm in!! I am going the month of Feb. so that I won't take a huge chunk of time out of my job. I wish I could go for longer (actually, Becky said that in her last e mail to me too), but I simply can't because of my job. I hope that if there's a next time that I'll be able to go for the whole winter season.
Grady will be coming with and I will be riding him every day in lessons. This will be GREAT because I'll be able to ride him outside and won't be stuck in a box all winter! He'll also get some fairly intense jumping training, which will be really awesome.
I have to pay for Grady's "slot" at Birchbury even if he isn't there, so Isis is going to be taking his place and Rocky will be riding her a couple times a week to keep her going. It's perfect!! I am so excited!!

4 comments:

20 meter circle of life said...

Hooray!!! what are great time you are going to have. I am so Happy for you!

Dressage Nomad said...

That's awesome, congrats!!!

Heidi said...

I meant to comment sooner, but I think you are so lucky! I really admire Becky and Comet is beautiful and amazing! I hope your hand heals quickly. You will have an amazing experience!

Tami Weingartner said...

Wow! What a wonderful opportunity! I really admire Becky and think the Comet is the total bomb-diggity. I will be checking back for updates!