Wednesday, October 1, 2008

XC Grady

*phew* I'm taking a mental break from homework. I'm under quite a bit of pressure because I have a horse show this weekend and basically have to be done with homework by tomorrow. So I have three days less than I normally would to complete my homework, which is bad enough in and of itself, but my web design publishing software is glitching up on me!! I'm ready to go insane!! For the first time EVER I might have to write my teachers and ask them to extend my deadlines...

I had a jumping lesson on Grady... we did XC!!! First time for the big G. We worked on up and down banks (beginner novice & novice), logs, little roll tops, and the beginner tires! The tires are a solid 2'6", but Grady sailed right over them the very first time. Oddly enough, he had the biggest issue with the logs... He was just unsure as he was approaching them. He was having so much fun though, Rocky and I think that he really likes this jumping stuff. He was alert and interested - if not a bit exuberant - over the jumps. I think my guy is finally figuring out that the life of a ridden horse isn't as awful as he thought it was.

Below is a pic of the BN tire jump, although right now it's between two large tractor tire standards with wooden bases and plants. I would post more, but I'm not confident in the legality of putting a copy righted picture in my blog!



No comments: