Monday, June 30, 2008

Quitting My Job



Well, I've decided to quit my job at Volte Equestrian (pictured above). I informed Val and Larry yesterday. I know that this may seem abrupt on my blog, but it was a long time coming. For the sake of sparing dignities, I do not want to share details on the situation. But I would like to say that working there has been a wonderful, eye opening, door opening experience. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything else, both the good and the bad. I have learned so much there!! If not for that job I would not be where I am today with my riding. My life has been richly blessed because of it.
I will be working until the end of July. At that point I will begin work as a certified tutor at my college. I also hope to find some other riding opportunities. (We'll see!!) I believe I have some potential work lined up. This will be good because I will still be able to ridemore horses than just my own. It's a big step for me and nothing is written in stone, but I am looking forward to the experience.
I will still be taking lessons from Val. That is really important. I will be bringing Grady home, we're upgrading and fixing up our facility this month. I think it will work out nicely. I will also be able to show freely, and I will be making more money per hour. I truly think this is the best thing I can be doing right now as far as horses are concerned. I think I will be able to make greater progress. Isn't that ironic?
I will continue with my dressage, continue with my jumping, do my Pony Club ratings. My hope is that after I get my C2 or C3 rating I can apply for jobs at dressage barns with good riders. Great riders! I'd love to work for an Olympian. It's a tall order, and unfortunatly I lack upper level experience that many young riders have. But I will do my best. I hope that if I can get a job working for someone that I will be able to ride a more advanced horse so that I can regain my feel for more advanced movements. Then I will be able to work with young horses to develop that feel in them. That's my ultimate goal. Maybe I will even be able to compete in Young Riders. We shall see.
In other news... This coming month of July I have two shows AND I am signed up for my D3 Pony Club rating!! I think I will pass with flying colors. I am so excited, I am finally making visible progress again. I *think* I might even be able to get my C1 rating late this fall. That would be so wonderful! So three out of my four weekends this month are tied up in horse stuff. It's great!

1 comment:

Dressage Nomad said...

Congrats on the life changing decision! It sounds like it will be a huge load off your shoulders not dealing with the pressures of being an employee as well. I think it's very promising that you're still going to be able to take lessons with Val as well. I hope you do progress more quickly now that you can really focus on *your* riding/horse when you go to the barn. Can't wait to see where you guys go from here, I hope that this change provides the results you were looking for. Also, good luck with the Pony Club ratings! I hope you post in detail about them, I never got to do Pony Club when I was young enough, but I did do 4-H, though I always wanted to do Pony Club, there just wasn't one near where I lived.