Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Trail Ride!

Today was a pleasent day at the barn. Pat brought some "none-horsey" people over, that's always interesting. I like to watch them back away
whenever a horse walks up to them. Oh well, they're muggles. That's what I like to call none-horsey people. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan by the way.

Over lunch I attempted to help Val translate her L program material. Seriously, that stuff is worse than a text book! Whoever wrote that takes pride in their jargon. We're all very well educated dressage people and we were having trouble figuring half of it out! When you talk about the abducted angle of the hip vector or whatever, it just gets a wee bit overboard on the fancy language.

We went for a trail ride this afternoon and I brought the camera!! Val, Linda, Katrina, and I went out for a jaunt. The weather was just perfect today, sunny with a breeze just strong enough to keep the gnats away.

This evening my dad and I stacked hay. I kind of like stacking hay, but he hates it. Atleast he's willing to help... Couldn't do it without him.



Val is on Czar (horse I rode for the 1st time last week) and Linda is on Bert. They come out for a trail riding lesson once a week. Bert is one of the lesson horses. Notice Grady's ears!!
Val on Czar

Katrina is riding Corky, he's 28 or 29 and currently the oldest horse at the barn. Bert is shaking off a fly in this picture.

Grady!

No comments: