Monday, July 7, 2008

New Trainer?

I just wrote a huge comment to someone else about this, so I decided I'd just post about it. I am thinking of switching trainers. I met Taylor's trainer yesterday and she seems like a wonderful person. She is a USDF Bronze, Silver, and Gold medalist and has several FEI level horses. I spoke to her about the possibility of taking lessons both on an upper level horse and on Grady. I need to regain the feel for mid to upper level movements for Grady's sake, plus I just want to regain and learn more feel! I've been more or less stuck at Training and 1st Level for the last couple of years. Isis is working at 2nd Level, but it's hard when I'm not actively riding a horse that understands what I'm asking for when I'm not 100% confident in what I'm asking for. Her name is Lindsay Fuchs and at this point I'm not finding a website for her barn. I can't really remember the name of it!!

Anyways, I'd want to take lessons both on upper level horses and Grady. The barn is within a mile of Birchbury so I'm almost contemplating the idea of boarding Grady AT Birchbury. It's $250 cheaper than Lindsay's barn and not much more then what I'm paying for board now. That has yet to be decided though. I will be getting information about the barn shortly and hope to check it out soon. I probably wont make any switches until August, so we'll see what happens!! It sounds like a great opportunity and I want to look into it. There aren't many Grand Prix riders around here - I'd never heard of Lindsay before and here I've been looking for a trainer with upper level horses for HOW long? I am very blessed to find this opportunity!! I hope it works out, it sounds expensive, but I'm going to do what it takes. It would be a GREAT opportunity to (finally) get a leg up!

1 comment:

20 meter circle of life said...

Hi found you via Jester. Sounds like you are on your way, it will take me a few days to read your posts. Good for you at the show!! My last show of the year is amonth away and GULP I dont feel ready, I know I am but I still get nervy as it gets closer!