Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Quick Notes

GRADY IS GOING TO BIRCHBURY TOMORROW EVENING!!! WOOO!! I've also been teaching him to self load, a handy skill that makes life alot easier. I'll take pictures of him going into the trailer all by himself tonight. We had a few frank exchanges of opinion while discussing the topic, but he's doing quite well and now smartly walks into the trailer all by himself. He can be so smart, I just wish he was easier to ride!!

I am going to tell my current trainer the news tomorrow. Wish me luck, I doubt she'll take it well.

In other news, Mike, my coworker at the library, is quitting. It was pretty unexpected. There are only three of us that work here, the branch librarian Diana, Mike, and me. It's a bummer because now Diana and I are scrambling to figure out covering hours for after Mike is gone, getting the new person trained in etc. The GOOD news is that I have been able to reajust my hours so that I get more and I get the hours that I want. So I think this will all work out nicely in the long run, although I'm sad to have Mike leave because he's tons of fun. Very cool guy. He walks/talks/dresses like a rap loving gangsta but he's really a huge softy with a love for philosophy and politics.

2 comments:

Dressage Nomad said...

Good luck with the talk tomorrow...I hope it goes well, at least, as well as can be expected. And I answered your question about the award on my blog, but I'll do it here since I'm typing away...yes, you get the award! Yay, award, lol. Of course, you don't have to do anything with it if you don't want to, but I think your blog is deserving of it!

20 meter circle of life said...

Hope its all going well!!