Friday, July 18, 2008

Two Day Break Down

I have been so incredibly busy!!! This past wednesday was my birthday. Yeah, 18 years old! I can sign my own show papers now! Woohoo! I didn't do much for excitment though. Actually on Tuesday my boss at the library gave me cupcakes and a $20 gift card to Subway. Then we all went and got Subways and had cupcakes after! That was nice. But on my actual birthday I just worked, took Grady on a trail ride, and then rode Isis in the late afternoon. We worked on our canter to walk transitions. We rode for a good hour and we were both hot and sweaty afterwards so we went for a swim! Dad's hobby is raising fish in ponds so we've got swimming holes right on our property. I always go in the shallowist one which is about 4 to 5 feet deep. Isis never rolls with me on her, so we always wade into the middle (the water goes up to the middle of my thighs or almost to Isis's withers), Isis splashes around for awhile, dunks her head under water once or twice, walks around a bit, splashes a bit, then when she's done she walks out. I just let her do whatever she wants in the pond. It's the most fun that way. I'll have to get pictures next time!

That evening I cleaned tack and watched the Spongebob Squarepants Movie. Mike, my co-worker at the library, insisted that I must see it once in my life. Ok, it was kind of funny.

Yesterday I rode Isis in the morning, then went for my jumping lesson. Sackett had a kick mark on his back right gaskin and was a little stiff, so I ended up not taking a lesson. Came back home and went to work. I rode Grady after I got my work done and he did pretty good. I did the Parelli "Pushing Passenger" exercise for twenty minutes or so, I think that really helps him. It's almost like when HE gets to choose when to go past something it's not scary anymore. I don't know, it's weird. Then I just worked on basic walk/trot/canter. No major mishaps. At the end I worked on stretchy chewy circles. Then in the late evening my dad and I stacked 100 bales of hay - We're done with hay for the year!! Yay! There's no better feeling than a barn full of hay.

1 comment:

20 meter circle of life said...

A good ride, thats awesome. It sounds like you are in a better place. Good job to Grady